The home of Defiance Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Defiance goes live!

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:25 pm by Rousel

So the moment we have been waiting for, Defiance is now live [Edit because I'm A idiot] on 2/4/13!

With this I know for the first few weeks, we won't be doing much, but once we're settled in, lets see what this community can do!

Comments: 1

Live chat [Shoutbox] get together.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 am by Rousel

Hello there community,

While we are still small, live-chat contact is very minimal, that is why I am hoping to make a time for us to get together on the chat and have a little bit of a banter.

The time will be 18:00 GMT -0, I am not sure how this works for you, please post below if you wish to change this time.

Comments: 0

Beta Weekend, 8'th - 10'th for the PC.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 am by Rousel

Coming on the 8'th to the 10'th is a up-coming Beta stress test.

Comments: 0

Intrigued by this game and the concept of RP within its setting.

3 posters

Go down

Intrigued by this game and the concept of RP within its setting. Empty Intrigued by this game and the concept of RP within its setting.

Post  McCartan Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:15 am

Hey, I, like what I assume is most of the people on this forum are intrigued by the notion of RP within Defiance. I'm yet to buy the game itself, but I'm looking forward to the premiere of the series. As a veteran RPer, I figured I'd check out what was on offer before I brought the game, after finding this forum and seeing some very promising posts from a few members I'm interested in finding out more, so I'll just throw out a few questions and hopefully not sound too obnoxious.

Assuming the moderators and admins are dedicated to making a decent RP community within the game, I'd want to be where they are, so which region are you guys playing on, EU or US?

What are town areas like within the game? Obviously RP thrives when it's convincing and immersive, so it's important to RP character downtime as much as it is uptime, are there bars or at least buildings with interiors for an immersive conversational RP?

What is the RP situation like currently? Is it hard to find a small group of RPers or is it relatively easy, obviously the game has only been out for a few days, but I'd like to get an idea of what's out there already.

How are you guys using the games mechanics to RP? Given the TPS combat and the physics based driving, RP questing or perhaps a racing circuit could be awesome.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but hopefully this thread will spark a decent discussion, I'm interested in becoming a part of this and maybe helping the community grow. It seems a shame there are no dedicated RP servers in the game and that might create some issues with travel based RP, but nevertheless, I'm curious about the game and RP within it.

McCartan

Cookies : 4

Back to top Go down

Intrigued by this game and the concept of RP within its setting. Empty Re: Intrigued by this game and the concept of RP within its setting.

Post  Rousel Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:06 am

Hello there!

So on reflection to the questions you ask, well, currently there is only my self in any admin role, I am looking to get some people on board, but I think that'll be mostly for Clan leaders, people who also have a executive role in their clan who can direct roleplay.

On reflection to the situation of towns, sadly there is very few places with a interior that is not like being thrown into a cell with twenty hairy bikers, so on that department, the game is lacking with only a few places I've found worthy of being a Roleplay hubs.

As to the ability to jump in and find Roleplay, from my understanding right now it is none-existent, we are from what I perceive the only Roleplaying community that is organised into one Forum and we have 40 members, so this gives some form of scope into the RP potential, in all truth, I think unless Meta organised, sadly, you're not going to find any, but anything can happen.

One of the main issues at the moment is the chat functionalility that is far from perfect, it looks like Dev side they wanted to force everyone into microphone communication but when applied, they realized people don't like to talk to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

So in a panic to this, noticing how people just are not communicating, they are in a scurry to get a game worthy form of text communication out there.

As to what do I feel will be the main points of roleplay, it'll be killing, shooting and blowing stuff up, for some drug running and to others tracing the bandits / gangs actions, cat and mouse Roleplay along with a whole bunch of PvE / PvP Rp.

I'd say get this game only if you like the game firstly and foremost and any Roleplay you get ontop is like sugar coating, don't get this game just for Roleplay, wait for Neverwinter Nights Online or TESO, if you're purely Roleplay, but that's my honest opinion based on the game as of now, but I do hope they'll look to make it more Roleplay friendly.

Rousel
Admin

Cookies : 89

Roleplay Character Credentials
Combat Class: Mechanist

https://defiancerp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Intrigued by this game and the concept of RP within its setting. Empty Re: Intrigued by this game and the concept of RP within its setting.

Post  iChinglish Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm

I can only echo what Rousel has said. The only RP I've done is with my clan so far, but that may be partially due to the fact that chat is broken as hell right now.

I'm aiming to have something working by the time chat in game is working, though I have exams and deadlines at University in May. Expect more from me during the summer, though I won't release details yet.
iChinglish
iChinglish

Cookies : 41

Roleplay Character Credentials
Combat Class: Driver / Medic

Back to top Go down

Post  McCartan Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:06 am

I'm thinking about purchasing the game regardless, but I'm definitely interested in any RP that I can get out of it.

Thanks a lot for the responses, too, you guys seem pretty sweet.

McCartan

Cookies : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down