The home of Defiance Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Defiance goes live!

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:25 pm by Rousel

So the moment we have been waiting for, Defiance is now live [Edit because I'm A idiot] on 2/4/13!

With this I know for the first few weeks, we won't be doing much, but once we're settled in, lets see what this community can do!

Comments: 1

Live chat [Shoutbox] get together.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 am by Rousel

Hello there community,

While we are still small, live-chat contact is very minimal, that is why I am hoping to make a time for us to get together on the chat and have a little bit of a banter.

The time will be 18:00 GMT -0, I am not sure how this works for you, please post below if you wish to change this time.

Comments: 0

Beta Weekend, 8'th - 10'th for the PC.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 am by Rousel

Coming on the 8'th to the 10'th is a up-coming Beta stress test.

Comments: 0

Marcus Marchosias

3 posters

Go down

Marcus Marchosias Empty Marcus Marchosias

Post  gothicshark Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm

((I work in progress character design, since I'm in Alpha I'm using in game lore to flesh out the details:

The basics are he is a man in his 70's who looks about 45, he is a long time war veteran who started in the Marines when the Soviet Union was the major threat. Prior to the War in Iraq he was exposed to a mutagen with the intention to create a super soldier by the test failed and made him sick for about 10 years, After that he stopped aging and has never been sick again. ... ok that's enough of the TL;DR ))

Marchosias- My Life’s Story
Story by MM. Marchosias
SSgt. USMC (Ret)

Memory is a funny thing really, you can go your whole life believing a lie if you remember it to be true.

My first memory goes back to when I was only a few weeks old. It is rather strange not that I can remember an event from so young, however what makes this memory odd is not the events of the memory but my feelings during them. You see very shortly after I was born My Grandfather Died, he was a fairly well known Actor of his day but he had retired to Florida when he died an early death. My father had to go to the funeral, and he took me along with him. To do this we took a Jetliner from Los Angeles to Tampa. My memory starts after my father had taken his seat and I was sitting in his Arms. the first thing that I realized in this memory was that the colors where blurry and sort of monochrome, I have since learned from study that young human eyes have to develop considerably and that babies can barely see and the colors are not yet fully seen.

I was born in the first year of the Seventies, in a Small town called Death Valley Junction, California. Mother was a Jewish Born Dancer from Russia, and my father was a military man who was born and raised to serve our country, they met in Spain where my mother defected from the Soviet Union to be with my father.
This caused my father some troubles but since my mother was very much anti-communist the Higher Brass forgave my father, but he never made general because of it.

To this day my father has never let me live this down and he raised me not only to be a soldier but a God Fearing American as well.

For the first ten years of my life, my father was usually away fighting one war after another, and these wars always had something secrete about them, I know that he was in south East Asia, Africa, Latin America and even Europe. At times, I wonder what he was doing but I learned early in life the concept of “need to know”.
My mother taught me her faith but always with an eye towards what my father felt since he was a Roman Catholic, and I was raised in the Church.

When my father was home for the short periods between Battles and other heroics, he would teach me how to use various martial weapons, and fighting techniques, I started with bamboo staffs and worked my way up to swords and firearms.

When I turned ten years old my father decided that I should have some idea how the world actually worked, so he packed up the family and we traveled. So, for the next five years I was raised from one military base after another, Italy, England, Venezuela, Egypt, and South Africa.

It was a rather fun time of my life learning about different peoples and their languages. However, in the end, we moved back to America, where I entered High School and life became boring and normal. It was at this time my dad retired and we never spoke of his military life again, he got a job teaching and that was it, we were normal folks living in the South West.

When I graduated High School, I ended up doing what my Father Wanted instead of going to University I enlisted in the Marines. I did well and found myself assigned to Marine Corps version of Special Operations. It seems my father was in the same unit when he was in, and quickly I learned that it was the combination of my natural talents, my intelligence, and the favors that the brass owed my dad that got me assigned to this unit. However I did well on my own and I was good at my job.

I did many operations that are considered Classified.

However at some point in my career I was selected for special training, at the time it was considered to be the most advanced method of training ever designed, using a strange cocktail of drugs and retro-viruses, I was supposed to be made into a “super human soldier”. It was basically a failure, the only thing that that seemed to do was make me sick all the time. I was medically retired from the Marines with ten years’ service. This all happened prior to first contact with the Votans. Looking back I think what they tested on me was a way to create soldiers to fight them if needed be, of course this would mean that the governments knew they were coming a long time before any contact, which in hind sight was what happened. After my retirement I drifted from place to place living as best as I could it took several years for my illness to subside, and when it was done I was better. Nothing super, just better I never got sick again, I stopped getting grey hairs, but all in all I was still me. I am really lucky they failed, because after the Pale War I saw what they made out of the men and women who served. Frankly it was horrible.

During the war I did the best to help civilians mostly, living out of a SUV an avoiding the Junk falling from the sky and the monsters developing on the changed Earth. I eventually joined back up, not because I hated the aliens, but it was the best choice to survive in the ever changing landscape. Luckily I was not in a unit chosen for special duties, also most didn’t necessarily believe my birth records as a man in his early fifties I looked around 30, and moved like a twenty something. But at this point I think they were desperate to take anyone.

When the war ended I left service as fast as I could. So, I decided to work as an Arc Hunter, it was a good use of my talents and my long life.

((This Character was originally designed for a Super Hero MMO where I was playing the basic Super Soldier type Hero. Granted that version had him hulk out with a Demonic Look. But the basics fit this worlds lore and I kind of like the Idea of a Veteran of the old school wars prior to the Votans. Because of his age I can use my own personal knowledge base as his own, so I don't have to make up a lame reason why he likes Thrash Metal, Gothic Metal, and Industrial Metal. Also technically he is a Mutant, although not noticeably since the technology in 2000 was not up to par.))

gothicshark

Cookies : 3

Back to top Go down

Marcus Marchosias Empty Re: Marcus Marchosias

Post  Rousel Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 am

((Great post and enjoyed the character and I honestly think in a world that is a refuge society, both Human and Voltan musics would meet, so we'd have super amped up Guitars and dumbed down.. crystal - warping, audio altering.. wave length modules? ))

Rousel
Admin

Cookies : 89

Roleplay Character Credentials
Combat Class: Mechanist

https://defiancerp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ingvar Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 am

Not to be a pedantic ass but if he is in his seventies he wouldn't have been a marine when the soviet union was a major threat. That'd put him in his 80's-90's, roughly.

Check the defiance wiki timeline. He would be too old to even lift a gun at this point let alone fight, super soldier or not.

Ingvar

Cookies : 1

Roleplay Character Credentials
Combat Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum