The home of Defiance Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Defiance goes live!

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:25 pm by Rousel

So the moment we have been waiting for, Defiance is now live [Edit because I'm A idiot] on 2/4/13!

With this I know for the first few weeks, we won't be doing much, but once we're settled in, lets see what this community can do!

Comments: 1

Live chat [Shoutbox] get together.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 am by Rousel

Hello there community,

While we are still small, live-chat contact is very minimal, that is why I am hoping to make a time for us to get together on the chat and have a little bit of a banter.

The time will be 18:00 GMT -0, I am not sure how this works for you, please post below if you wish to change this time.

Comments: 0

Beta Weekend, 8'th - 10'th for the PC.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 am by Rousel

Coming on the 8'th to the 10'th is a up-coming Beta stress test.

Comments: 0

EGO and the use of it in-character?

2 posters

Go down

EGO and the use of it in-character? Empty EGO and the use of it in-character?

Post  Rousel Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 am

Hello there community,

So I am wondering how do we think of the EGO system and is it used in a In-character setting, do we consider the cloaking how it appears (Transparent) or should it be views in a more systematic manner, as in when we talk about things being visible in a military setting, that normally is with electronic signatures or thermal vision, so maybe it is just a heat containment field?

Rousel
Admin

Cookies : 89

Roleplay Character Credentials
Combat Class: Mechanist

https://defiancerp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

EGO and the use of it in-character? Empty Re: EGO and the use of it in-character?

Post  John Chrome Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:49 am

well based on my research the cloak is a TRUE cloak as in you are completely invisible, however as far as friendly units go you can see them while they are cloaked and it can probably played as the EGO sending out a signal to friendly units that they are there/ perhaps you can RP as it is a switch that function on and off so you can be invisible to friendlies as well. example:

Recruit: Chrome! I am sick of this goddamn outfit, this goddamn fight and i could care less about von bach or your silly defiance movement! I am Out!

Chrome: well if that's how you feel go ahead and leave turn in your gear, and weapons to the Master At Arms and ill sign your discharge paper ASAP.

Recruit: What?! you want me to go out without any defenses!? to hell with that! to hell with you and to hell with all your rules!
Recruit OOC switching cloak to obscure from all friendlies. Dissappearing from sight, a few seconds later the door opens then slams shut seemingly of its own accord.

Chrome OOC using sub aural comms
Chrome: HQ can you disable EGO unit 579HQX in about 10 minutes subtle like? We got another recruit who wants to run.

HQ: yes sir! want me to assemble a capture team?

Chrome: Naw, ill handle this one myself.

So that is one example of a possible RP of cloak. however i can see "godmoders" possible utilizing this but thats in all games and with a healthy dose of SSGT Chrome Godmoding can be removed with a a few minor commands to HQ:)

John Chrome

Cookies : 9

Roleplay Character Credentials
Combat Class: Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down